Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year!

We have been so blessed int he last year with our family and friends. So much has happened! A baby, a move, some serious illness, some big wellness, several trips to the hospital for various people and things. Watching Andrew grow has been a joy a true joy. At times it is a tearful joy as I let go of him a little more with each new thing.

He is officially out of diapers during the day and able to wear underwear and pants with very rare accidents. At just over 2 years old as a first boy this is really amazing for this generation of plastic diapers and pullups. We are so proud. It was a partnership with him that got us here. We recognized his signs of readiness and decided we were up to the extra work of taking him to potties and of doing extra laundry. His Meeema Tressie was a big help too. The first time he ever was able to verbalize his need to potty while wearing pants was with her and that was our first giant step in the process.

I have a few resolutions for this year. Exercise is the main one. We are starting back on our push up routine that once got us both super in shape. I don't know that this will be what we do all day every day for the next year but as long as we are doing something all is well. I also have a resolution to wean Andrew completely by the end of the year. We have gone to 2 times a day and I am willing to do one more time in emergency situations. Yesterday he only nursed once because he fell asleep on the way home. Again I think he is ready. He does ask a lot during the day but I am still the first place he comes when hungry or thirsty or sleepy. We spend lots of other ways cuddling and connecting so now it is only a matter of letting him see that we can satisfy thirst and hunger in other ways that big boys do. Paul T has to nurse because he cannot eat anything else, but Andrew gets to have chocolate milk and smoothies! :D I am sure it will be fine. Just another part of letting go.

Our Christmas was wonderful this year, we got to see our whole family and we stayed home for Christmas morning beginning a tradition that Andy and I remember from childhood. There's not much more excited than waking up Christmas morning and running to see what is under the tree and in your stocking.

My final resolution for this year is to be better at updating this blog! I am sorry for falling off during a time when most readers are looking for info - when there's a new member! But the first 2 months of Paul T's life were quite sleepless for me. I was a zombie. But we have turned a major corner and he is now the sweetest cutest fat 3 month old! He coos and giggles and kicks and squirms. He is trying very hard to turn over from his back to him tummy but that darned arm gets in his way! He did turn from tummy to back yesterday though! We all missed it. All I know is I laid him in bed asleep on his belly and when he was calling for me I went in to find him on his back! Now being in the bed may have helped him roll but still at not even a full 3 months yet that's pretty good! I am actually a bit sad. Andrew progressed very quickly in his large motor skills also and I was hoping this one would take some more time. Though he is already getting very heavy in our carriers so by the time he's 10 months old I may be ready for him to walk too!

I hope all of you had a Happy New Year and a fun Christmas full of family and love. We have so much to be thankful for here it fills me up! Thank you to all of my family for a wonderful year together and we look forward to an even more wonderful and eventful year full of growth!


~~Be sure you heck the album for December for Xmas pics! HERE!

And I've already started January's so check back often!

No comments: