Friday, March 30, 2007

Our Little Scooter!

Barely, but it’s official, we have a Scooter! He has figured out how to get forward by pushing himself with his feet and pulling with his arms. Oh he doesn’t get far and he still gets very frustrated but he can finally get to those toys (and mommy’s slippers) that are just out of reach! He did it for the first time this week when we were over at his Grandma’s house (my mom) and it was too funny. As she watches him thinking it is no big deal, like we are used to it, Andy and I freaked! Both jaws dropped and we looked at each other and got this “Oh no but oh boy” look in our eyes. Here we go!

He is pulling himself up to all fours, knees and hands, but then he pushes up onto his feet. So we aren’t quite crawling, but it will be literally any day now! Like I expect him to up himself into that position and just take off!

It wears him out though big time. He is still napping 3 times a day! Poor thing, he gets so tired after a little while playing on the floor, but he still has that excess energy so he gets to kicking and flapping his arms a lot, especially when he’s trying to fall asleep. But then he’s out like a light for about an hour each time. And still sleeping a good 10 hours a night. He does wake to nurse, some nights every 2 hours some nights only twice, but I don’t count that because neither one of really wakes up too much for it!

The other tooth is also finally through! Just this afternoon after his second nap I felt the sharp little bumps of it. So relieved about it too because I know it had been really bothering him, especially yesterday and this morning. Now it just has to grow in. Which I am sure contributes to the sleepiness and slight crankiness he has.

He really is such a good baby – ask any grandma he has! Yeah, cause they’re really objective! But seriously, he is. He loves to play and explore his toys and any shoes that may be left on the floor. He only really cries when he’s tired or in pain.

Today I was sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor and whatever tool of cleaning I had in my hand was the most fascinating thing to him. He was in his exersaucer in the kitchen with me playing and watching and he’d reach his hands up for the handle of the broom or mop like he thought he could get it even when it was entirely too far away! Too cute as usual! I told Andy he was trying to help me clean. Oh do not worry son, as soon as you are old enough to stand, you’ll be able to help Mommy clean! That’s one thing that will be really important to me from as early an age as possible, teaching him how to pickup and clean up. Never too early to start I say! Of course I also teach him how to cook right now so that’s another skill he’ll have!

One of my favorite recent pics of Andrew!

No comments: