Monday, July 31, 2006

Just a Little Update

Finally get to see a doctor tomorrow! I can’t wait to finally meet the man that will probably be delivering our first born child! I hope he’s cool. He is Phyllis’s doctor too so at least we know someone who uses him and likes him. That’s comforting, but I am anxious to hear his views on things that are important to me. Plus it’ll be nice to hear the baby’s heartbeat again and just find out that I’m still healthy!

We got our WIC last week. It wasn’t nearly as hard as getting Medicaid and all that was. In fact, I loved the people there and the whole system. We get a ton of milk, which is good because lately I crave it all the time and I drink milk a lot. We also get lots of juice and eggs, plus a pound of cheese, some peanut butter and cereals. It’s not tons of food, but it is food we go through a ton of, so it saves us a lot of money.

They also set me up with a free breastfeeding class! I am so grateful for that. We can’t really afford to take any classes so we are utilizing all the free resources we can find. We are touring Labor and Delivery tomorrow, and I will be sure to ask plenty of questions.

Another thing WIC offers is a breast pump. So now I don’t have to worry so much if I run in to problems. I know they will be there to help. If I need a hospital grade pump even, they will let me use one!

I’m just very impressed with WIC and all they do and offer. It’s way more than free milk. And maybe it’s because I am so in to nursing and so excited to nurse that I am so impressed with WIC. I just never knew that that was what they were all about! I can’t believe we waited so long to check them out! But after the hassles we went through with the State Health office, it’s a wonder we ever gave it a chance!

I am feeling good overall. I have some weird pains in my abdomen lately and I am not sure if it is my belly growing. Another reason I am excited to see the doc tomorrow!

We have also become night people almost completely. I know the weather all over the country pretty much has been dreadfully hot lately, but here in Texas, dreadfully hot means 100 degrees plus. And here in Sanger it means hot wind. I guess the lake provides us with a daily breeze. Can be nice some days, but some days, it just blows the hot air around! Lately it’s been the later! I cannot get my energy up during the heat to accomplish anything, so I often find myself cleaning and doing laundry at midnight! We do work from home on WebPages, so time is on our side. But I miss being up in the mornings. I just can’t stand the day time heat right now. I’ve come to realize that this is ok and I don’t need to stress myself out trying to be up in the day time if I can’t get things done. I feel better going to bed at 4am knowing I accomplished a lot throughout the night than going to bed at midnight feeling like I did nothing but lay around too hot to move all day.

The kitties sure are happy here! The bird bath outside is starting to attract more than just wasps and the kitties sit at their window and squawk at their new friends! It’s so cute.

The garden is a little out of control! Andy is outside right now pruning our wild ivy. It grows like crazy and we’re running out of places to plant the clippings. We may have to get some pots and start planting them inside. They’d make nice gifts if they grow. I don’t know that it’s the right kind for that though. We are giving some to our new upstairs neighbor. He likes plants. He doesn’t live directly above us but next to and above. We are still lucky enough not to have anyone directly above. We’ll see how long that lasts though. There seem to be people moving in all over the place.

Our garden is also quite overrun with wasps. Andy hates them but after looking them up on the internet found that they eat the bugs that eat your plants so we do need some around. However, we think we have far too many. I’m thinking we should look in to some kind of trap for them. Even if we managed to catch half of them, we’d still have plenty left!

Our flowers that were huge tall stalks are beginning to open as well. There’s only one open now but when we have more, we’ll take some pictures.

Our new ivies are also starting to grow. Again, we’ll take pics when they start to bloom their own leaves.

Well, that’s all I’ve got for now. No pictures yet. We have some I just don’t have them ready. Just trust me when I tell you my belly is bigger than it was last week! And we’ll take some more garden pics this week too.

We love you everybody!

No comments: