Sunday, July 23, 2006

Good News!

Good news on the diabetes! The nurse called and said I am fine – good actually. Not too surprised, but extremely grateful. Thank you for all the prayers and positive thoughts – keep ‘em coming, we still have a ways to go!

I haven’t gotten my paperwork from Medicaid, but they assured me over the phone last week that I would be switched to my new plan on the first. I sure hope so because I have a doc appointment on the first, and I would really like to meet the guy that will be delivering my first born! It’s a bummer to have to go through all the same questions about sections and inducing and episiotomies that I already went through with one doc, but hopefully this one will agree with my view also. If for some reason I don’t get my papers from Medicaid, I’ll call them before the appointment to make sure they’ll see me. I have a fear that something will go wrong. I’ve gone a month already without a check up and I think I’m fine but it’d just figure that something will stop me from seeing him next week too!

I do feel fine, good actually. I am getting much bigger, can’t sleep for long at a time and breathing is getting harder! I’m at 30 weeks which is only 10 weeks away from the due date. So from anytime in 8 weeks from now, he could be here. Or he could wait another 4 weeks after that! I hope he doesn’t come early, but also that he doesn’t wait too late! I feel him kicking more; actually it’s more like a rolling. He rolls around in there and I can see something pushing out sometimes. Of course, I can’t feel him at all right now because I ate too much for dinner! One thing is for sure, my stomach is getting smaller. Probably nature’s way of starting the return to eating normally at the end of the pregnancy! :D Maybe not – somehow I have to eat more while nursing than while pregnant!

I also found my first stretch mark! Don’t worry, I won’t update you all with every single one I get, just this first one. I was nervous about them, though I knew I’d get them since I have some from just growing up. I do use creams and things to hope they aren’t too bad. But I saw some pictures of women with fresh ones and they are kind of scary at first. Yet something to be proud of at the same time – a Badge of Honor! So I was looking forward to getting some. Though it was still a bit of a shock to see the first! It’s funny too because it’s on the bottom side of my belly – right by my appendix scar – and I couldn’t tell for sure in the mirror if it was one. And I can’t exactly look down and SEE the underside of my belly right now! So I had to get out the trusty hand mirror and sure enough, it’s a little badge! Andy was not only sweet about it, but he was excited about it! He views life like no one I have ever known. He doesn’t get caught up on silly physical earthly things but sees the bigger picture at hand. And he views me as more than just the wife he loves now, but also as the woman who is carrying his first son. And hopefully more to follow (not just sons though!). It’s incredible to be so un-judged and accepted and loved by him. He’s the greatest guy I’ve known!

My weekly readings about the baby for the week say he is about 3 pounds. This guy may be a little bigger since he was already over 2 pounds at 25 weeks. He’s all done making except his lungs are still developing and he’s getting his fat, he just needs to “bake” a while longer to pull all that together. His eyes are opening and closing and he can see light and dark. He can hear not only my voice but outer voices and noises as well. His daddy will call to him and sing to him sometimes. So cute! And I still read to him every night. I really enjoy our special time together already. Can’t wait to see his face, it’ll make me get into it even more!

I hear he’ll stop moving so much in a few weeks as he runs out of room, but I hope not too much. That’ll probably freak me out even though I know it’s coming!

We finally got pics of the garden. I put them in the next blog post so don't stop scrolling down when you are finished looking at the pics in this one! We just cut and planted some of the vines again a couple of days ago in hopes they’ll grow to cover the whole thing. It is getting harder for me to bend over forward right now though! We couldn't have done any of it without Grandma Phyllis! She not only brought plants and cuttings and seeds from her garden, she also helped us with the initial plant to get all the cacti and ivy in the ground and get them all started! And she let us use her tools!

It’s so fun to see what we’ve accomplished and Andy and I really enjoy working on it together.

It’s kind of metaphoric for what is going on inside my body and what we will do together as we grow this child as well.


My new dress! My mom helped me pick it out from Motherhood with a giftcard she gave me. I love the way it feels and looks. I can look fancy and feel like I'm wearing a big Tshirt!






Tyler finally got a haircut! It's been in the triple digits here lately and he was getting very hot in all his fur. Now he's a frisky kitty that likes to cuddle again! And doesn't he look tiny?






Who wouldn't want to rub that bald pink belly?








Here's the brothers trying to fit on the rocker. Tyler as you can see takes up so much room Thunder had to try and fit in where he could!






Tyler crawled up next to me while I took a nap. I'm not sure how he fit there! I was holding him when I fell asleep but aparently my hand moves to hold the baby belly!






29 weeks along. I swear it looks bigger in person! I do try and suck in a little for the pictures! ;)





The next post has all the garden pictures so keep scrolling down!!!

No comments: