Sunday, July 09, 2006

New Doc and More

OK. I fixed the Wildflowers.com registry. I apologize to anyone that could not access it. I had it set to private for some reason. Now you should be able to go to
Wildflowers.com
And search for Lea Goin.
Thank you to everyone who has already responded. We really appreciate all the love and support!

I’m officially 28 weeks, which means 7 months along and only 12 more weeks to go. I could go any time from about 10 more weeks on but I’d rather he waited the full 12 more or maybe one extra! As long as he doesn’t get too big!

We had an appointment to see our new OB last Friday in Denton. He’s my mother-in-law, Phyllis’s also, so he came recommended, and he accepts the Medicaid plan I will be on. Unfortunately I will not be on the plan until August 1st!! So they couldn’t see me. Well, they could have but it would have cost us $125 that we do not have to spare right now. The good news was their in-house lab is a different company and accepts more Medicaid plans, so I did get my glucose test done. I seriously doubt I have the gestational diabetes but it was my last day to have it done so I wanted it just to be sure. I am trying to go buy the book as much as I can.

I spent all afternoon while at the docs on the phone with many multiple Medicaid hold lines trying to figure out what had happened. It was a little traumatic, but I didn’t know it would take so long for the plan change over to take affect.

Now I have to wait until August 1st to see him. But I feel like I should see a doc at least once before then. Or at least know that if anything comes up I can go to a certain hospital. Without trying to explain too much of the highly convoluted system of state help, I am not on any particular Medicaid plan, I will be on AmeriGroup, I was on Parkland Health First, but now I am in transition. But I am still covered by Medicaid. Certain docs and hospitals only accept certain plans. I am going to call the Medicaid Helpline (and probably sit on hold half the day!) tomorrow to see about at least finding a hospital I can go to near here if it comes to that. I feel great and don’t think I’ll need to go for any reason, but with something this delicate, I don’t want to risk it.
I also would like to see a doc before August 1st. Just to hear the heartbeat. My mom let me borrow her old stethoscope, but I have only heard a little rushing fluid twice, and I think it was the cord not an actual heartbeat. I keep trying though! I’ve checked my blood pressure and I’m good there. The only other things they do are check urine for sugars and proteins and measure the belly. Oh and weight. I could do without that right now! The last weigh in had me up to 151! That’s over 25 pounds of weight gain.

It really is surprising to me how much my body has changed. I was in so much denial. I read books that talked about spreading thighs and thought, “not me,” and here I am with a bigger butt and thighs. My thighs are rubbing together! Not something I am used to for sure! Andy has assured me it will go back if I want it to after the birth. I just hope so. I am looking forward to taking the baby out for walks multiple times a day. The funny thing is I’ll have to increase my caloric intake even more for breast feeding, and ironically, I’ll lose weight better that way. And I know I shouldn’t be too concerned about such things as long as I am eating healthy and taking my vitamins and whatnot, but I can’t help it. With how big I feel like I already am and I have almost 3 more months still to go! How big could I possibly get?

Andy and I are really enjoying our little garden outside. We have all kinds of plants from Phyllis’s yard, and we water every day. Our complex has just recently fixed their watering system and water a few days now which lightens our load but we still like to go out and check on it. We have found two frogs out catching the crickets and June bugs! I love it. Those things are annoying and the frogs are a huge help. Our cricket population has greatly reduced! And the frogs are so cute. They sit so still they look like garden trinkets! We saw one tonight but then couldn’t find him again. Our ivy however is getting so big it’s very possible he was hiding in it. I was wondering for a while if he was pregnant with how big his belly was getting, but he has been eating an awful lot of bugs! Still, it’d be so neat to have baby frogs!

Everyday I get the bare minimum done around here, dishes and cleaning and whatnot and tell myself, tomorrow I’ll get some other great project at least started. Yet nothing ever seems to get done beyond the minimum. I manage to keep the apartment clean enough to live in but I wish I could do more. Even right after I wake up in the mornings I feel so tired I have to pull myself out of bed. Not impossible seeing as the kitties are waiting for their breakfast and won’t let me go back to sleep till they’ve had it. I’m back in first tri land of tiredness! It’s different this time though. It’s more like a physical exhaustion than a sleepy, and I will fall asleep accidentally without having to really lie down, just sit down! I don’t see how moms do it. I guess I’ll find out if we get pregnant again!

I’m just so lucky to have a husband at home that can help me with things when I need a break. And someone who is so excited about having this baby. I broke it down for him tonight. I said we have about 2 months until the time comes when it could be “any day now.” His eyes lit up! He can’t wait to meet his son. He’s got so many great plans and talks all the time about things he’ll do. We both do. It’s going to be so different around here. Right now I think we both feel so in transition. Like we don’t know what to do with ourselves, we just want our baby to play with. But I remind myself to enjoy these last weeks. They will be the last time I won’t be a mother yet.

I am reading The Chronicles of Narnia to Little Andy every night. Big Andy enjoys it too! I do too for that matter. I’ve only ever read the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe before and the rest of the stories are very good also. I feel him kicking sometimes while I read but mostly afterwards when I am settling down to bed!

Phyllis, Andy’s mom and Ken got a new puppy! We went and saw it last Saturday and he’s so tiny! He’s barely about 4 pounds and will only double in size. He’s super sweet and rolls on his back to play. He seems very well behaved also though they said he was a little sick and usually more playful. It made me want a baby even more. Andy thinks he wants a little puppy now and wants to trade in a couple of our cats! (not really) I told him he’d have a much better playmate soon enough!
Here are the pics of the puppy Phyllis sent us. We meant to take more but of course forgot the camera. We’ll see her tomorrow and may get some then.
As for pics of us… Next time! :D

Can't tell how tiny he is!

What a little sweetie pie!

Here you can tell how small he is. He's so small he gets lost in high grass! Such a good puppy!

No comments: