Friday, September 08, 2006

The Week Before Last + Pics!

To close the drama from last weeks car episode. We had been told that our car would be ready on Tuesday. We were totally fine through the weekend. We had just grocery shopped before it broke down and had everything we needed. The only problem was we had plans to see my mom and bring her a birthday dinner. Well, we rescheduled that for Tuesday after we picked up the car and that ended up being better for her as well since she just had new flooring put in and it was still being worked on on Saturday. And she is off on Tuesdays. Well, Tuesday we called to find out the car was not ready, the part was not in and hopefully they’d have it ready the next day. Yikes!

Phyllis to the rescue! Big time! She’d been offering us the use of her truck, and we hadn’t needed it but it was so nice to be able to call upon her then and say hey, can we borrow the truck for the night. It was the only night of the week we could see my mom and I’d already made the dessert and started the dinner! Plus we were getting to a point where we were going to need some groceries the next day. She was a doll about it and let us borrow the truck for as long as we needed and even gave us some money for food and gas! Thank you so much Mom Phyllis! We wouldn’t have made it last week without you!

We ended up only needing it for one day. The dinner at my mom’s was fun, and I think she enjoys my cooking! Then we got see some friends too.

The next day we were on our way to the grocery store here in Sanger when Andy’s phone rang. We both thought it was his mom because he had just called her to see if it was ok to keep the truck a little longer since we hadn’t heard about the car yet, but it wasn’t, it was the lady calling to say our car was ready! We figured, no time like the present and headed on down to get it. Sounds easy, but I was totally unprepared. I had no water and no snacks and it’s an hour drive each way with no traffic, and I’m pregnant and need to pee when I need to pee! But I made it there ok and drank a lot of water in the shop and used their restroom. Then I drove our car – which ran beautifully and cost us nothing for the repairs! – and Andy drove the truck back to his mom’s.

This is when we hit the traffic! And of course Little Andy would like to wiggle around and rest on my bladder for brief periods of intense ‘I gotta go now!” pressure, only to move off right when I would be about to pick up the phone and say ‘I gotta go now!’ Of course the traffic was so thick even if I had decided I needed to go, I wasn’t getting anywhere! I’m pretty tough though and made it the hour and a half back to mom’s.

We were there only for a moment because we still needed to get some groceries!

What a day! We left to go shopping and got home over 3 and a half hours later!

We got a special surprise treat last week too when Andy’s dad Paul called one the evening to ask what we were doing the next day. We had few plans and he said he wanted to come take us out to lunch and hang for the day. And of course show us his new bike! It was so nice to see him.

He came over early (for us) around 11 and we went to Denny’s for breakfast. Then we drove all over Denton and he showed us places the Goin family had lived and worked around town. Places he grew up and lived when Andy was young. It was neat. We even went and hung out at the mall for a little while watching the kids play and just talking and catching up. We hadn’t seen him in a few months. He has such a crazy work schedule. But he plans to be off on a vacation around the time the baby is due so perhaps he can come meet him at the hospital!

All are invited to come see the new Goin after he is born and to come support me and Andy while I labor. As long as I can stand people that is! But for the actual delivery, I’d rather no one else be in the room. Ew, you don’t want to see that!

We would like to ask that those that come visit do not bring flowers. They are not necessary, our gift will be a healthy baby boy! If you would like to bring something and don’t feel a card is enough, we would gladly accept gift cards to grocery stores or Target or Wal-Mart. But again, don’t feel a need to bring a thing except yourself! I know it is a tradition when people are in a hospital to bring flowers, but we won’t have time to enjoy them as we will be so busy enjoying the new baby and our family!


Here's Granddaddy Paul's new bike. Pretty sweet!







Nice front shot.






























Damn that's a nice bike! I love the black. And no, I didn't ride it! Not till I go past my due date and I'm trying to get knocked into labor!!





Look at that belly in the background! Yikes!








And to close with cute Tyler so passed out on the chair his head is resting on the bar.






And that concludes this 3 part blog update. If you made it this far, thank you! If you'd like to be on the phone chain to come see us at the hospital, shoot me an email lea.goin@gmail.com, otherwise be checking your mailbox for the birth announcement! And of course check back here (hopefully weekly!) for the pictures!

No comments: