Friday, September 08, 2006

The Baby's Nursery! (Part 2 of 3)

Here are the pictures from our very recently finished nursery. Well, it's not even really finished yet. The curtains need hanging and there's a stack against the wall of things that needs to be hung as well. But it is in a presentable state so it's time for pictures!
We start here with a couple of shots of the blankets that Grandma Phyllis made for Andrew. She took special care in selecting touchy feely fabrics that all feel good and coordinate with the print super well! I can't wait to see him all wrapped up in these.





















These blocks spell out 'Little Andy' and will go on the big black shelf once it gets hung.






Changing table. Organized as well as I can without knowing what I'll need and when and how often. I imagine many a thing in the baskets will be moved. The table came from Phyllis and Tressie as well as most of the furniture in the room. Phyllis also painted the green shelf up to the right.













On the left is a very special rocking chair from my mom. It is the one her mom rocked her in and she rocked me in and soon I will be rocking our baby in it as well. Draped over it is a rug my dad made. I will probably hang it right behind the chair so he is there with me. The curtain is also draped there! The swing and bouncy seat will come out into the living room once the baby arrives. And the tub of toys will be put in the cabinet it is next to.


Crib from the door to the room. The letters on the wall behind it were painted by Grandma as well to match the shelf! Hanging on the wall to the right is Andy's present from his mom and aunt on the shower day. It is a camera that we can use to watch baby from the computer. We'll put up a link to it eventually when we have it in a good spot. For now we'll leave it there.



Close up of crib! Look at that awesome bedding! Thank you Anne and Janet! Everything in there was a gift and the crib itself also came from Andy's aunt and mom! We are SO blessed! The pillow was also made by Phyllis. I wish I could sew like that!





Inside the crub. All it needs is a baby! Actually when the baby's in there all that other stuff will go for safety but it looks so cute now! It is unfortunately already getting black cat fur on it! I think our youngest, the girl Sami likes to get in there. Not sure what we'll do about that.




Crib and dresser. A lot of the things on top of the dresser will be put on the shelf once Andy hangs it. I'll take more pics then too.








Dresser again.







Little closer on the book shelf part. There's the frame my shower guests signed on top and a collage of Andy's baby pics up there too. A special book There's a Wocket in my Pocket which my dad used to read to me!




Thank you for touring the nursery! Now please read on to hear more about last week and some info about our plans for labor and delivery! Plus more pics at the end of the next post!

No comments: