Wednesday, March 01, 2006

First baby pics!

Suddenly, it’s all so real. Last Saturday we had a sonogram at a pregnancy center run by a local church. Everything they offer is free. Sure they try to get you to go to their church, but it’s no big deal, they are super nice people and very helpful not just to us but the community. They try to prevent young girls from getting abortions and stuff.
I was officially 9 weeks and 3 days the day of the sono. EDD is Sept. 27th. Baby was about an inch long and wiggled like it’s mom! We saw the flutter of the heartbeat and the nurse played it for us. I must admit that up until that moment a part of me still didn’t believe the whole thing was real. But now, it’s so real.

These are the best pics of the sono we could get. We don’t want to scan it because it’s heat sensitive paper so we took pics with our own digicam. You can tell it’s in there at least!







I have been feeling physically so much better. I am definitely getting bigger, but I needed to even first trimester because I was a little underweight to begin with. I’ll worry about losing it after the baby comes. Here’s my belly about 8 and a half weeks. It is bigger now. That’s mostly gas! My uterus hasn’t popped out or anything but it is bigger than it has ever been. Most of my pants don’t fit anymore that’s for sure! Good thing my wonderful mother-in-law Grandma Phyllis has set me up with tons of maternity bottoms! Now that the weather is turning warmer I can even wear some.
No news on the Medicaid yet, but you know how government agencies are always so speedy with their service. Most doctors won’t see me for 2-3 more weeks anyway. We do have a preliminary appointment at a clinic this Friday. They may be able to set us up on a program. It’s affiliated with Parkland somehow, which is always a place we can go. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Overall, I feel so much better, physically and mentally, being home helping Andy on the business and taking care of the home. He is picking up two more clients tomorrow; we have a meeting in the morning. He’s going to need me for sure and he’s showing me all he can for now. It’s so good to be with him, to be together.
We are going to have so much fun as a family with our new member!







No comments: