Saturday, March 25, 2006

Doctor's Visit Bust!

I realize that it has been a little too long since I last updated and I am sorry. Unfortunately the big reason is there isn’t much to report on the last doctor visit. I didn’t get to see the doc! I didn’t have my Medicaid card and papers yet, which I told them when they made my appointment, and apparently it’s against the law to begin treatment without my stuff. I have since received the papers and have an appointment to at least meet with the doc on Wednesday this week. The lady I talked with says they need to do an ultrasound really soon since I am out of the first trimester, but I don't knwo if that'll be happening Wednesday. I did get a lot of my preliminary paperwork, medical history and question after question out of the way first so it was not a total wipe. The lady I met with was very nice and seemed to think very highly of the doctor she works for. It was also nice to go to a real doctor’s office instead of a clinic which seems to be where we always end up! Thelma was her name and she said that Dr Anthony is in his 50’s and comes from a school that believes in hard work. He works all the time. I said I was surprised to hear he’d be here on a Saturday, and she said he’s always working, and when he’s not working, he reads. If you talk to a doctor in his thirties, he’d want to know when his vacation and days off are! At least according to this lady, and I believe her, the whole working on a Saturday thing and all. I am over the anxiety about meeting him for now. I’m sure it’ll pick back up by Tuesday. I’ve just been feeling a lot better about the whole deal. From what I saw he is a good person. He treats Medicaid patients and not all docs will do that. The hospital he's in has the best neo natal care in Dallas. It’s not too far from where we live. Though by the time the baby comes who knows where we’ll be living! That’s my new stress! I am trying to get through all of our belongings and thin things out. Slowly. The problem is it seems in the process we just keep getting more and more stuff! I’m sure it’ll all be done by the time we move, or we’ll never have room for a baby!

I was thinking my super tired time was over, then I fell asleep at our friend’s house this afternoon! We did eat some junk-food which I think is what really made me sleepy, it was just funny. I have been finding myself waking up after no more than 8 hours even ready to go and not needing a nap unless I take my calcium in the afternoon. Last night I couldn’t even get to sleep until 2am! I am grateful and have decided to roll with it. While I’m up I may as well catch up on some of the tasks I’ve been putting off right! Working from home affords me not having to worry about schedules. Except for school and I can get through a day of school since I am home by 230, and if I am wiped, I can always nap! I am the luckiest woman alive! And I have been feeling really good; I only get sick when I eat something that upsets my stomach.
I have been having fun playing old wives’ tales about figuring out the sex of the baby. Andy doesn’t think it’s as fun! There’s even websites out there you can put in dates and it’ll tell you or a chart you can check. I get both boy and girl equally. At first I was really hoping for a boy because I thought it’d be easier on Andy and I am not very girly. But since I have been thinking it is a girl more and more I have been getting excited about having a girl! I won’t be disappointed either way, but don’t think we’re stopping here! I want at least one of each, if that means we have to 5 to get there, so be it! (Don’t tell Andy I said that!)
Here's my belly from the other morning, toward the end of week 13. It doesn't look like it's getting much bigger, yet I cannot seem to fit any of my old pants! All the maternity pants Andy's mom got me are still too big, so Andy took me to Target the other night and got me a cute warmup suit. It's warm enough to wear these last few cold days, comfortable enough to stretch over my bloat after eating, cute enough, and it may end up being my going home from the hospital outfit if I dont' completely pack on the pounds, which still remains to be seen. I am sure I will start showing more in the next two weeks. I hear about 15 weeks for a first pregnancy is usually the real blow up phase, though everyone is different. We'll just have to wait and see, but we'll keep snapping shots!

No comments: