Monday, March 13, 2006

Beginning of the Last Week of the First Trimester!

Here’s how the baby is this week according to one website I read weekly:

Your Baby
The fetus’s urinary tract is on line, and the fingernails are growing. A big portion of the amniotic fluid from this point on will be baby urine. Your fetus is looking like a baby and has advanced to the stage that its brain can transmit messages. Vocal chords are complete, and the child can and does sometimes cry (silently). The brain is fully formed, and the child can feel pain. The fetus may even suck his thumb. The eyelids now cover the eyes, and will remain shut until the seventh month to protect the delicate optical nerve fibers.”

I read about 3 week by week pregnancy calendars every week to see how baby is doing and if I should expect anything strange. So far, my symptoms have been mild and minimum. With the exception of the snotty nose, which I think is more due to lack of medication than anything else, though I know fluid volume increases has made it worse. I do pee a lot too, but to be fair I drink a ton of water. It is more often then normal, but that should come to an end after this week as the uterus moves up. At least until baby gets big enough to kick my bladder or sit on it! I am still tired too, but I started exercising and that seems to have worn me out!

We’re pretty healthy I think, me and little one. No issues I can detect anyway. I see the doc I selected on Saturday, so I’ll know for sure then. I got approved for the Medicaid but I don’t think I’m supposed to get my card until April. I don’t want to wait though! I am anxious to meet the doc since I had nothing to go on when I chose him except his name and address! I hope he’s cool and is interested in my way of doing things. My biggest fear is that he’s some old doc who knows what’s best because he’s done this a billion times and isn’t interested in what I have to say. Suppose that’s worse case scenario.It’ll be exciting to be out of the first trimester. This is the last week! After this I should start really getting big and then the pics will really flow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading these. So very cool! To think something this basic, primal, and (really) common never fails to humble you... None of my friends have had kids yet so I'm kinda following this and taking mental notes for that inevitable day in the future when I have my own. Keep up the journals and remember that you've got people all over wishing you guys the best!

Anonymous said...

I am sending along my best wishes also!! This is so very exciting. I have an internet friend who also started a blog, her husband has his own. I get regular updates of her daughters growth ,,etc. I love these kinds of things myself. ALthough, I dont know as I want for myself to build a blog. Maybe some year when I want to put it all together in a bigger way. We'll see . Anyhow, I have enjoyed reading this all. Thanks so much for allowing us in!

I love the videos , Ive seen the baby on the changing table or couch one. I thought the Simpson's one was pretty cool , I hadnt seen it before. That baby in the little tubby with the faucet is, definately too cute ! I loved that. That baby reminds me of Sara today. She is now 8 months. I soon will add more to my homepage.

barb