Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Halfway Point

I just reread this week in my last pregnancy, for those of you interested, it's May of 06 and still in the archives. It was the week we had the fire in our neighbors kitchen and were awoken early by the firemen coming in. It was also the week before we moved to this little apartment in Sanger. My belly pictures make me laugh from back then too. I think I was that size like 6 weeks ago with this one!

Some of you know we've been thinking of moving again this summer. We'd really like to try out a house. We both think it is a good time in our lives to get out of the apartment life. However, upon some serious looking, we've found that we're better off just waiting.

House renters are really crappy the houses they live in and the landlords just don't seem to want to make repairs before rerenting. Then they also want essentially two months up front between first month and deposit. Once we paid all of that plus our last months rent here, we'd have no money left for repairs.

And our 60 day notice wouldn't be up until July, by which time we'll be in the icky heat of summer and super fat times of pregnancy. Not a good combo for a move. I'd be packing and unpacking and then we'd be having to try and fix up our home for the arrival of our new little one.

Sure we are already a bit cramped here. We haven't optimized our storage options perhaps and could get rid of some more things. But we both think that overall for right now, it'd just be best to stay put. We have a bit more debt than we like to carry at this time also. And we're still trying to rebuild savings from the van purchase. Andy is really working hard right now and making more money than he has since starting the business so we want to see where this goes before we blow our last dime on getting into a crappy house. In 6 months we may be able to move into a much nicer place.

And sure we'll have a tiny baby and a 2 year old, so it still won't be easy, but it won't be summer and I wont' be pregnant! Ah there's pros and cons all around. For now though after weighing it all out we have decided to go with staying for a bit and seeing how our money works out and just going to a month to month so we can get out when we are truly ready.

Thanks to everyone who has helped us out with looking for places! we're still keeping our eyes out on the market trying to see where it goes. Who knows, maybe by the time we're ready it'll be a really good time to actually buy a house and we can skip the rental game all together.

I knwo I said we'd get the sonogram pics scanned in and we still will. There are right by the scanner! But I'll need Andy's help with it because things have been moved since I last scanned and I am no longer sure what to do. And as I said he's been crazy busy. But I'll try to think of it at a good time very soon.

I am feeling fine btw. No major complaints except the heat is starting to bother me. I also am much bigger much sooner this time around. Today we had to go buy some sun dresses and boxers for me. That's about the only things I feel comfortable in. For Mother's Day I got some maternity shorts and nicer dresses from a second hand store, but the dresses are made of rayon and stuff and still very hot. The ones I got today are all cotton! A bit more expensive being brand new even from Walmart but they are cute and will be comfortable and for right now, that's about all I am concerned with. I am showering every afternoon to stay cool too. Andrew and get in there and play all kinds of games in the tub, it's been a fun activity for us before nap time. Which for the last few days has been in the blue chair! Both of us together! It's pretty comfy till my arm falls asleep. But I enjoy the closeness. And Daddy can nap on the couch right next to us!

I just uploaded a couple of videos but google is taking forever to process them so they will just have to wait until next time!

No comments: