Thursday, February 22, 2007

More New Things!!

As I have said so many times it seems one or more of these new things pops up everyday. I guess it is not quite EVERY day but the new things he starts he gets better and better at every day for sure.

In the last post I forgot to mention that he’s been touching faces. Not just mine and Daddy’s but he is starting to touch other people’s faces too. He really likes my mom’s face I think because she wears glasses and they are pretty. She’s already training him to not grab the glasses but to look!

He stomps his feet when standing, especially his right foot. I think he just gets excited and it’s like when he kicks while laying down on his back!

He’s grabbing his feet when he is on his back now too. Just started this a couple of days ago and now that he’s found them he doesn’t want to let go, even when mommy is trying to change a diaper! They aren’t going into his mouth just yet but I am quite sure they will, everything else does!

He is practicing sitting on his own! I stick him in front of his boppy pillow and he can actually balance himself for quite a while unless he sees something to reach for! Most often he rolls on to his back to grab his toes! It really is nice that he can entertain himself for some time with no toys whatsoever!

His humming has decreased, sadly and with no mention of “mama,” but he’s picking up new noises still. And they seem to vary day to day. He still does his “Gggggg” some and is still humming a small bit, I think he does it when he is hungry, maybe he’s trying to say “milk!” But he is also doing some good A sounds, “Ahhhh,” “Aaaaaa,” and “Ah-aa-ah-aa-aa-aa.” Still doing his high pitched squeal when very excited and that one is usually reserved for when he is standing and especially when he is looking at his daddy!

I think he tries to wake Daddy up already. We’ve talked about how someday when Daddy lays on the couch to “think” that Andrew will come running and jump on him. Well, fortunately Andy can sleep through baby noises most times because right now Andrew will sit or stand on my lap and look over at his sleeping Daddy and just squeal and holler, and I swear he’s trying to get his attention. The other night Andy half woke up, he doesn’t even remember this, and he looked at Andrew and smiled. Well, that just fueled the fire and Andrew was squealing and calling for him even more!

Still growing! Thankfully his Aunt Sandi gave us his cousin’s old clothes that are size 12 month mostly because that seems to be what fits him best, especially when he is in cloth diapers. Today he is wearing a 6 month size and it actually fits, snuggly, most of his 6 months things are ready to be put away, but he is wearing a plastic diaper because all his covers are in the washer.

He started crying at his Grandpa, Andy’s dad! I think it may have just been circumstantial, but it was funny, cute and sad all at the same time. He used to laugh at Grandpa but Grandpa has always come here. The last two days we were at a funeral for Andrew’s Great-Grandmother Binford and there were a lot of people there and he isn’t around big crowds like that often, Wal-Mart doesn’t count, and whenever his Grandpa tried to talk to him, he would break out in screaming cries! Poor Grandpa was a bit heartbroken. Hopefully he’ll try to visit us here before he has to go back out to work so he can see Andrew smile in his own home! Grandpa wasn’t the only person he cried at but he was the only person he cried at every time!

2 days ago Andy and I were getting dressed in the bedroom and I'd put Andrew on the floor on his tummy to play. When I looked down at him I noticed he had pushed up on his hands and straightened out his arms! I've never seen him do that before but ever since then he's done it every time he is on his tummy! He's so strong! Getting ready to crawl maybe?

He’s started giving me hugs and kisses. This is of course my favorite new thing! I will hold him up to me and hug him and tell him I am hugging him and sometimes he will wrap his arms around my neck and squeeze back. I always thank him for my hugs and I usually can get one or more a day! He also will plant big old slobbery open mouth tongue kisses all over my face. Daddy doesn’t get them as often as Mommy just yet but I am sure the time will come when everyone will get their fill of Andrew kisses! Except Mommy, who could never get enough! :D

Another new thing is he is rubbing his eyes when sleepy. He’s been doing this for a little while now but it is becoming my biggest clue that it is time to start settling him down. We still put him to sleep in his bouncy seat more often than not. I am sure he has outgrown the weight limit on it since his butt hits the ground now! But he still loves it so what are we to do. Just because he is the size and weight of some one year olds, he is still only 4 and a half months old and needs to be treated like a baby!

No comments: