Sunday, January 28, 2007

Something New Everday

Wow, what an amazing trip this has been so far and we are just getting started! It already feels like the days just fly by. I cannot get enough of my son! I want to hold him and play with him pretty much all the time. I have to make an effort to put him down to let him do some alone time playing and get his naps!

It feels like everyday he starts a new thing. His newest thing which he has been doing for a while now but he’s really picking up at it is standing. He LOVES it! And now when he stands he makes more noise than in any other position. He high pitched squeals and coos and laughs and just jabbers on while I hold his hands and he stands.

He is also pulling his feet up more when lying on his back. He grabbed one with his hand the other day but hasn’t since. I know he will soon figure out how to get those precious toes of his into his mouth!

He’s rolled over twice in the last week. Not that I’ve actually seen him do it! He isn’t much of a show off yet, but don’t worry I’ll be teaching him to be!

The first time he rolled over, I set him on the floor in the living room on his tummy with a toy to look at and grab at. I went to the kitchen to get something and I heard him start a little bit of fussing. Nothing major so I let him fuss while I finished what I was doing. He sounded frustrated. Then his fussing turned into all out screaming and I came back to check. He was no longer on his tummy but on his back! He didn’t seem too happy about it at the moment though. We do have hardwood floors so he might have hit his head a little when he rolled. He is of course fine.

The second time I put him on the floor in his room on his tummy after a diaper change in the morning, this was yesterday. I went to his cabinet to get him an outfit and when I came back he was on his back smiling up at me! I had turned for not more than a minute! When I tried to put him on his tummy to get him to do it again while I was looking, he would have no part of it. But at least this time he seemed happier with the results.

I am glad I put him on the floor! Though I have read they learn to roll in one direction only first and it can take a while before they learn to go the other way and do a full roll. Still I will not be walking away from him on his changing table.

The other night I put him on his back on the floor in the living room on his super soft Pooh blanket from his Aunt Clair and put his play gym over his head. Andy and I were watching a show on his computer and I looked down to check on Little Mister and he was on his side twisted all up in the gym and trying to get his toes!

I swear the time is drawing near where we will not be able to take an eye off of him for a moment!

He still loves playing in his exersaucer and has gotten good at spinning himself around to look at whatever side he wants. Since he likes standing so much this is one of his favorite spots. He also likes sitting in his Bumbo especially barefooted and staring at his toes. Did I mention how cute his toes are?

He in his bouncy seat right now next to me and just woke from a very brief nap. And he is now kicking my foot that is bouncing him and cooing and squealing trying to get my attention. If I look over at him and say hi he tenses with excitement and smiles and throaty laughs. Such a sweetie.

I have started actively signing to him when we do things to help him learn to communicate to us sooner. The only one he has really picked up on so far is the one I made up. I take both hands a make a come here type movement with all my fingers at once and ask if he wants me to get him before I pick him up. I do it a couple of times then I pick him up. He has just started lifting his arms for me when I do this so I think it is working and he understands. Soon he’ll be making the hand signal to me when he wants to be picked up!

We see the doc on the 7th so we’ll get an official weight then and I want to ask her about taking him swimming. There is an indoor pool in Denton and I’d love to get him in it!

No comments: