Sunday, November 05, 2006

One Month Old Already!!

The official one month birthday was passed yesterday and our little man is getting huge! We haven’t been able to weigh him as we have no scale nor access to one, but let me tell you, our backs can attest to his weight gain for sure! When he is extra tired and doesn’t want to sleep and when he has his minor fussy hour or two at night, my arms, elbows and lower back feel the burn from walking him around the apartment! I tried to pass it on to Andy to carry him in the papoose carrier and we take him outside, but even that is wearing Andy out! Definitely time to start working out, he’s only going to get bigger!

We don’t see the doc till the end of this month so I may have to find a scale before then to weigh him. The curiosity is killing me!

We’ve been getting some real smiles from him every day and it is absolutely amazing! In fact just a bit ago, I was nursing him and singing a lullaby and every time I started singing, he’d grin at me! So adorable

!.

His Granddaddy and Grandma stopped by today for a very welcome surprise visit. Our place is a mess but it was so good to see them. And Andrew was quite fascinated by his Granddaddy. He is totally learning to be more aware of people and surroundings! He even smiled for Granddaddy, too cute! Of course Granddaddy wants to take mommy’s baby out hunting and riding on his bike but we’ll have to wait a few years before we can even discuss such adventures! :D

We had a great Halloween. Went to Grandma’s dressed in the costume she got for Andrew. He was a little frog and super cute of course! There are pics on our photo album and the link is on the side of the page.

I also got some cute shots of baby and Daddy at bath time – no real nudity so don’t worry! But it is about the cutest thing I personally have ever seen!

We are all doing well. It is hard to figure out our timing on things still. He doesn’t usually sleep or eat in any real pattern so it’s hard to plan around him. And it seems the last couple of days he’s been eating more often and more at a time too so maybe he’s about to get even bigger! He slept a whole lot yesterday but not as much today. He was up for four straight hours thanks to our visitors. He was sure impressed with his Granddaddy! I think he likes deep voices because eh likes his Daddy’s voice a lot too. And Granddaddy did a lot of talking to him.

It is as usual a struggle to live in the moment. We want to enjoy every day, we know they will be gone and over too quickly. But at the same time there’s such a sense of wanting him to acquire new skills every day. He’s getting better at holding his head up and there’re so many toys and things we can show him once he can hold his head up! And in a few months we can start playing more games. Right now our games really consist of, following the rattle with his eyes, turning his head towards Daddy’s voice, holding his head up on his tummy, or just some good face time and conversation. He does a lot fo grunting and talking of his own so we try to answer him and make his noises back at him as well as talking to him. He won’t usually let me read to him right now. I miss our reading times at night like we had when he was in my belly! But he seems to prefer my eye contact now. I can sometimes hold him on my lap at the computer and read a few news stories before he gets bored or just needs to move.

I hear him calling right now so off I go!

No comments: