Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Size 2?

Today is Andrew’s 6 week old birthday. Happy Birthday Andrew! And wow has he changed. We are trying so hard to keep up with pictures (check link on the side of page!) but I feel like if we miss a day, we miss a lot, and it happens.

Last week we went to my mom’s home for dinner. She had out her digital scale and we wanted to weigh Andrew. He doesn’t go back to the doctor until the end of the month and even an estimated weight would be cool to know. So I weighed myself first and was pleased to see I am still losing weight at a reasonable rate and then weighed me holding Andrew and did the math. Um, 11 pounds. 11 pounds? At 5 weeks old? The doctor told us at our 2 week visit if he kept gaining like he had been he’d be 12-13 pounds by 2 months. Yeah, 5 weeks. And my back has been feeling every pound of it. I have been good for 6 weeks and not done any strenuous exercise but now my back is paying the price. Needless to say, I started working out again yesterday. Little walks are not enough, we’re talking push ups and back strengthening stuff.

So this week we went to another friends’ home, just a couple of days ago, to hang out and discuss the big weekend coming up. For those of you who don’t know, Nintendo is releasing its new console this weekend. Andy is a huge Nintendo fan and lover of all things gaming so he’s been saving money since last summer to get this machine. Unlike most new consoles, this one is actually affordable by us normal folks!

So anyway, at our friends’ home we asked to borrow their scale. It had after all been a week since we weighed our little man last. I got on and was again pleased to see another pound or so gone, then took my baby. Um... 13 pounds? Could that be right? Let’s try this again. OK. 13 pounds. Even if the scale is off with the weight, could it be off with the math? I don’t think so.

So yeah.

I use cloth diapers most days. Some days if he’s kept me up most of the night, are disposable days. Days we are out and about, he gets disposables and nights, he wears them as well. We co-sleep and the cloths don’t soak up his massive amounts of pee!

Well, yesterday I had to retire the size 1s. I kept him in the disposables all day just to use up the last of the package of 1s we had, and this morning when I was planning to take him back to bed, I busted open a size 2. And it wasn’t such a tight squeeze. He’ll be in his clothies today, which are getting small too.

Fortunately Andy’s mom bought us diapers of all sizes and we are stocked up. We also have plenty of 1s left for our next baby even! And should have plenty of 2s to last however long he can wear this size! Like what a week or so?

Also, fortunately, my mom bought us good cloth diapers, so I already have the next size up, I just need to get them washed and prepped. I really didn’t expect to be doing it quite this soon!

Our big boy!

He is holding his head up well, but not for too too long. We put him in his exersaucer for some neck exercise at least once a day for as long as he can stand.

And this week, he started laughing. He laughed at me on Monday. When he had finished nursing he looked up at me and saw me. He broke out in a huge smile and started giggling! Oh yeah, my heart melted. That was no gas bubble, that was an “I love my Mommy!”

Then yesterday he laughed at Andy! You never heard such joy from a grown man! He’s been doing it at least once a day all week and we can’t wait to see what he does next.

Still doesn’t take a pacifier or suck his thumb so that’ll be neat to see if he picks one of those up, especially once he notices those hands of his!

Thanks to all the grandmas for all your help!!

We love this whole family so much and are looking forward to showing off the new boy for the holiday season!

No comments: