Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Crazy LONG Week

PHWEW! What a week! I have so much to tell you I don’t even know where to begin.

First off, saw the internal med doc and he was awesome! What a great experience! And after the almost 2 hour wait for the OB two days prior where we had to wait outside the office because there were so many patients, it was a very nice surprise. Unfortunately, although he agreed it is probably allergies creating my breathing problems, he said it is not a good time to start allergy treatment. I had a feeling he’d say that. He said there are many great steroidal nasal sprays out there that would probably work really well for me, AFTER the baby is born. So until then he says as long as I have been using the Albuterol for so long and it’s been working, keep using it. So now that I have and can get a prescription for it from a regular doctor, I am more likely to use it when I need it immediately instead of waiting until the last possible second of chocking because I don’t want to run out, and I have been doing much better overall. Still on a daily usage that gets worse when it rains, which has been constantly lately. On the dry days though it seems to clear up a bit and I know there are plenty of those in the future, so I have that to look forward to!

It’s time to get a swim suit I think! I tried some maternity ones on and as usual I am too skinny! Big belly and chest, but that’s all I got. So I am going to go to Wal-Mart from a suggestion and get a cheap regular suit that’s just a little bigger than usual. If my growth patterns don’t change much and I get a good size, it could last all summer! I am ready for some swimming. Plus at the end of my nutrition class this week we have studied pregnancy nutrition and fitness and swimming and walking were the best forms of exercise for the preggos.

Speaking of classes, I am done with nutrition, took my last test this afternoon online, and the teacher already emailed me to congratulate me about my A! As much as I bitched all semester, it really was an interesting class. I will be keeping the text book for reference. It has some awesome info for early childhood!

Microbiology is almost done. Final is next Monday and that won’t be too hard. All the questions come directly from past tests, which we have access to. So about half the class got together and split up all the tests, copied them down and emailed them out to everyone participating. Now we just need to study/memorize those and we should all do fine. In the past week for this class, I have finished my Unknown Paper, where I was given a microorganism towards the beginning of the semester and I had to run a variety of tests to figure out what is was, (paper was 27 pages long!), presented to class with my lab group a model of a microorganism we had made and all about it, and took three tests, two lecture class tests and one lab test. What a week, I told you! My grades so far are awesome! I can’t believe it, I thought I was losing my mind, but something is still working, some kind of common sense. I got a 95.5 out of 100 on the paper, a 28 out of 30 on the lab test, and a 48 out of 50 on one lecture test. The other one I know I didn’t do well on, we had one day to study and it was super hard! But I’ve done well on all my other tests and she drops one, so that’s going to be the one! I don’t know when we get the grades for it though; we just took it this morning. We haven’t gotten our presentation grade yet, but she promised sometime tomorrow. I’m sure it’s good because I had an awesome group and we worked really hard to make sure we met all requirements. I could still pull off an A!

I can’t wait until Monday after 9am when it is all over though!

Plus my two lab mates this semester both got accepted to the nursing program for next fall! Very exciting! I couldn’t apply for obvious reasons; I won’t have time in September to start a full time nursing program! But I am so excited for them and they’ll be able to tell me all about it. Plus they get to do it together!

Andy and I have decided we need to focus on our own websites more than we have been. It’s hard to rely on outside clients and we have less control over that. He’s still trying to pick up a new client for some extra money, but it’s not the main focus. We are revamping some of the old sites that need attention and have great potential. They have fallen by the wayside with all the work he has done on other people’s sites. I am very excited about the future of our network of sites!

I started a new blog site too with videos only. Please check it out:
http://babyclips.blogspot.com

We have our next sonogram the second to the last week in May. Maybe then we’ll find out the sex. I have been trying so hard to get Andy used to the idea it might be a girl. You know how men are, they always think they want a son. But I show him examples all the time about how sweet and good little girls are and how immature and rowdy boys are. And how girls are so in love with their daddys! I may have done too good a job because now I think he wants a girl! I want both. I just want a child! I can’t wait. I know Andy does too. Whatever it is, it will be greatly loved and well taught and played with!

We also have an appointment for a 3D ultrasound and thanks to my mom and her friend Donna (one of her other “daughters”) from her small group at church, we are getting it for FREE! The place provides a service like the one we went to for our proof of pregnancy way back in the beginning, they try to prevent abortions. But they also have nurses or techs that are training to do the 3D procedure and need to get in practice time. I’ll be a practice time! I need to look up some more info on how it’s done. I had a nightmare that it was an invasive technique where they had to go inside. Nothing bad happened in my dream, but it scared me a lot. Also in the same dream, I dreamed it was a boy. He was lying back in there with his legs spread wide open showing his goods to all! Just like a boy! If it hides its goods during the U/S, we’ll see for sure on the 3D.
Now for the fun picture part!
I fell asleep on the futon a couple of weeks ago and my little girlie Sami slept with me, on and under my feet! I can't show you all the pics because I was in my panties on top of the covers, but she ended up under my feet! She's such a sweetie, what a moma's girl!




This is on our way for a walk last week. I need to keep in shape! I'm wearing one of Andy's T-shirts so it's harder to see the baby belly, but I had to show it off for the camera.









Here's week 17. I'm in week 19 now. Means next week is the half way point! I can't believe it, already! At first it seemed like it'd never come, but here we are, almost halfway to a baby!






Believe it or not this is the week after the last one. It almost looks smaller! Could be that I ate a little less gassy foods or something. Plus the cam angle is really different. Usually Andy is sitting down and I stand right in front of him, but here we are about to walk out the door. We fell asleep so early one night that he was up before 4 in the morning. And what is good about that? The donut shop on the corner opens at 5! And their donuts are the best! They take cash only and if you catch them first thing in the morning, the donuts are crisp and warm and delicious.
This is from yesterday. We are about to walk out the door. Just a few errands, groceries from Wal-mart and what not. You can't read the shirt but my mother-in-law gave it to me (future me-ma) and it says, "Coming This Fall." I think I really look pregnant here! Which I love!








And this is my favorite. Aren't we cute? You can see the storm coming in behind us, too and the tree looks so bright and green.

We are so excited to be starting this family of our own. We know there will be many changes to come. And they just keep coming! But we're really up for the challenge. I know I for one can't wait to have a baby and he can't wait to have a playmate! And we still can't get enough of each other. The love and respect is strong and will be a great example for any number of children.... maybe 6?

No comments: