Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Andrew Eating Carrots + Bouncy Seat Woes

His second food was carrots. Not a big fan of those either.



Since then he's had banana, brown rice, and pears. He seemed to like the brown rice best I think because he could feed himself. But it didn't like him very much and gave him tummy aches so we're breaking from that for a while. The pears were yesterday and I thought he'd like them more than he did. And then he seemed to have a tummy ache all day from that too, though maybe it was the leaf I found in his diaper this morning...

Next we'll try sweet potatoes. I thought this kid would love food. Seems he only loves mommy milk. Which is all he needs, I am just surprised he isn't liking eating more.

Bouncy Seat Woes
Our "little" man has outgrown his bouncy seat so much, it broke! I was sadder than I thought I'd be. Not just because I could sit here and do things and bounce him and he loved it, but also because that was his favorite place to hang for so long and now it is in the trash. It broke completely in half. Thankfully Andrew was not in it at the time!

He's been weighing it down a lot lately and Daddy would stretch it back up so when Andrew laid in it his bottom wouldn't hit the floor. Well, he stretched it up a bit too much the other day and it broke.

We went to Target to get him a new one and they all said up to 35 pounds, which Andrew almost is. So we got him a rocker that is supposed to be from infant to toddler. He doesn't like it! And neither do we. Waste of $30. At least it gives us a secure place to lay him for naps for right now that is easy to get him in and out of. But we cannot rock him in it. It slides around on our floor and it sits him too far upright for rocking.

We do have some awesome pics of him sleeping in it in its unrocking position. And maybe when he gets older he can use it for another rocking chair of his own like it is intended. And maybe our next child will be able to use it from infancy and like it. But Andrew does not like it, it just isn't enough like his good old bouncy seat.

I still miss it too.

But Andrew is letting me rock him to sleep in my arms with little fights but it still works. And it's what we will do from now on I suppose.

Good-bye bouncy seat. We all loved you and we'll all miss you very much!

No comments: