Sunday, February 19, 2006

Still making it...

Things seem to be going well. We are not approved for Medicaid yet, and probably won’t find out for at least another week. So we decided we can’t wait much longer, and we may have to try and see a doc next week even if it’s just someone from Parkland with their Help program. My mom says she may have a number of a doc who would cut us a bit of a deal also. I just want to see a sonogram or ultrasound or something. I’ll feel so much better about the whole deal once I see a heartbeat.

We do have an appointment next Saturday morning for a free sonogram, so I may have to just make myself wait one more week. :(

As for me, I am doing… ok. I get pretty emotional and although I don’t have morning sickness, I seem to have afternoon sickness. I cannot eat much as far as choice goes. I can eat just the things that appeal to me are limited. Most things make me nauseous. Especially strong smells. I manage to eat a decent breakfast despite my overwhelming morning-mucous-battle but by afternoon my stomach seems to turn sour. The saltines help. Yesterday I got so dizzy in the afternoon Andy had to help sit me in a shower. It may be from what I ate as well, or lack of. I try to keep drinking water, but water doesn’t taste the same to me as it used to. I always have been a big water drinker but this last week the taste in my mouth has made it difficult. As for the phlegm, it’s driving me crazy. Especially in the mornings. If I do get sick in the AM which has happened a couple of times, it’s from the mucous draining. It’s totally gross.

I’m also not sleeping well. Which doesn’t make the tired-all-the-time thing any better! I go to sleep pretty early but start waking up within a few hours to pee, blow my nose or cough something up.

I have a new found admiration for pregnant women. I feel like I bitch a lot. As beautiful of a thing as this is and as special and fortunate I feel, there’re a lot of annoyances. I do know that at the end of this journey when I hold a perfect healthy baby in my arms, it will be so worth it, I will want to do it again.

I also know that because it is all new to me, I had no real idea what to expect. And my body isn’t used to all this. My uterus is already bigger than it has ever been. Next week starts my 9th week and things should really start growing soon. I can’t wait to get big! I know that will start a whole new onslaught of issues and annoyances but then it will feel more real.

We’re so excited everyday. Thank you for joining us in this journey!

No comments: