Sunday, June 01, 2008

It's Out!

Just wanted to throw up a quick update to let everyone know that Friday evening Andy passed his stone! We had a ton of fun checking it over and even looked on the internet to find out the type by pictures. We think that it is indeed a calcium oxalate as we had figured. Now of course he cannot cut calcium out of his diet but we can cut back on oxalate and I am currently researching high and low oxalate foods. I have a list that is not very complete but gives me a starting point.

Andy also knows the importance of continued water consumption. It is a struggle for him. he doesn't crave and enjoy water like I do. But he will work on it! He has goals set for himself that I think are attainable and if those become easy we can up the ante.

Andrew is doing wonderfully of course, still teetering on the brink of speaking our language. He speaks his own very well and often though and it is so super cute! I am doing well also.

I believe our little Peanut is sensitive to caffeine! Andrew never budged if I drank a soda when pregnant with him. But I very rarely did. With this one as soon as I left the first trimester I asked my midwife for the OK to have some caffeine and I have it every day. I remember with Andrew drinkning a Dr Pepper on the way to a sonogram and him not even budging when pushed by the tech! This little one seems to jump and play after my morning tea or coffee! hmmmm.... Does this mean it is a girl??? ;)

Seriously, I have been trying all the tests online and it is coming out about 50/50 so we truly won't know for sure until October. Andy is convinced it is a boy but says he'd be pleased with a girl. I think it's a girl because this pregnancy has had so many differences from the last but I would be so thrilled either way. i just can't wait to have a little baby again! And it'll be so neat to watch as my big boy learns and grows every day too! By then he'll be two and really starting to assert his independence even more than he does now.

Sorry no videos with this post but I am sure we will have some soon. We spent the day out at a friend's yesterday and I regretfully forgot the camera! There was another baby there too, less than a year old, that Andrew tried to play with some so I am kicking myself for forgetting it. But take my word for it, it was sweet!

No comments: