Tuesday, April 22, 2008

First Dental Visit

We finally took Andrew to his first dentist appointment! It took us a while to get the ball rolling, they say nowadays kids should start at 12 months old. But better late than never right!

It was early in the morning, especially for us, 9am! So he was sleepy and a little cranky from that. Plus we skipped breakfast. I didn't want to wake him any earlier than I had to so I just got him in time to get dressed and head out. For other trips we would have fruit in the car but I didn't want his teeth to be all dirty! So he was a bit hungry too. Considering those two major players in Andrew's personality, he was awesome! Even the dentist said he was very well behaved. He cried a bit and wanted mommy to hold him every time they let go. But he let the nice man look at all his teeth and then they put a fluoride brushing on him. I nursed him right after they were done for a few seconds and that did the trick to calm him back down. He was so good! All the nurses thought he was so cute, of course!

His teeth are perfectly healthy and he has all the ones he will get until he is two. One is still growing in but it's through the gums so the hard part is over. Then he has 2 year molars that come in and I hope they wait until well into his two year old year to start. Poor kid needs a break, he's been busting out teeth pretty much once a month ever since he was about 5 months old!

He also saw his doctor last week and he weighs about 27 pounds and is 34 inches tall. Almost a 3 footer! And of course he's perfectly healthy!

I am doing well also. I saw a doctor for my allergies and breathing issues per my midwife's request. They loaded me up with medications I'd never heard of so I did some research and found they are all safe. Still scary to have 3! One is an emergency inhaler so I don't need it often, the others are daily. And is my nose better you ask? Well... kinda. I am not a drippy faucet anymore and I don't get the sneezing attacks and the wheezing has almost subsided, so that is all a great relief. But, like all medicines that alter the natural course of your body, it has opened a whole new door of different issues that are at least easier to deal with and I hope will clear themselves up as my body adjusts to this. I have had the nose problems for over 4 years now so it will probably take a bit for my body to adjust.

I have my sonogram the second week of May. We do not want to know the sex! And since we're no experts, even if we think we see something we think might be something, we really have no way of knowing. We both have our guesses and we all still have 5-6 more months to speculate!

More fun Andrew videos to come soon, next.. stuntman!

No comments: